Friday, 28 June 2013

A Pocketful of Birthdays

Something I often lose track of until they're upon me are birthdays, I'm ashamed to say. (On the other hand I try to forget about mine, but have only succeeded twice) Sometimes I confuse the days with other family/friends whose birthdays are in the same month. I've tried to remember to put them on my calendar but ... !

So, time for a Birthdays/Anniversaries page for the Pocket.

I've made a blank template in Word to use with Pocket-sized blanks sheets.

I made up a simple table over 2 sides, with a box for each month in which I can write dates and names. I used Elephant font in size 10 in a dark green to match my binder. It's not the font used by Filofax but it's close. (If you know what it is, please tell me)

I've left it at that as this will only be a temporary insert in this binder. I'm saving up the pennies for an A5 binder for all household stuff, including birthday reminders. Meanwhile I'll continue trying to organise my haphazard lifestyle with my pocket Windsor.

 A few names in so far, more to add yet!

If anyone would like to use/adapt/amend it for your own use, please feel free to do so.  :)
Birthdays & Anniversaries Word file    (right click, Save As or Save Link As)

I've also adapted a 'to-do' list found on Philofaxy. Not so much as a shopping list but a general list of various things I want to get in the near future in case I find myself near appropriate shops.

Rather a humdrum post but I feel I'm off to a good start. Already I remembered to note a couple of appointments into the diary straightaway while on the phone, instead of my usual jotting on scrap paper, putting in on the mantelpiece and still mislaying it. Retraining my brain! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment